Sunday, March 4, 2012

6 Months

Today marks 6 months from when language school will start, with or without me.

September 4, 2012. 

Here's a link to the school Check it out

I have never thought September was close to any month other than August and October but now that it's my goal, it may as well be TOMORROW!  I am grateful and excited for the next 6 months to get to love on my friends, family and students/Wyld Life kids but I'm also nervous.  I have a lot to do in those 6 months.  I have to finish up the school year (last day June 7th), attend Cross Cultural Orientation (June 3rd-8th), (hopefully) take kids to camp (North Bay June 16th-20th) and FUNDRAISE (now).

Fundraising has proved to be way better than I could have ever imagined.  I have been so blessed by the friends I have already met with; being able to reconnect with people I haven't seen in so long as well as involve so many great people in this ministry with me.  I have been so encouraged by all of the excitement that has been shared over this mission that the Lord has for me.  YL International has really set me up for success by providing a fundraising coach who continues to encourage me.  Every two weeks we talk on the phone and he shows me stories of people in the Bible living off of support - even Jesus lived off of support!  There is something so comforting in finding people who lived 2000 years ago trusting in the same God to provide for them and to see His provision in more ways that ever expected.  How faithful He is.

Six months doesn't seem like a lot of time to get the other 70% pledged but I know that if the Lord will have me in Costa Rica 6 months from today, then it's the perfect amount of time.  I know the Lord is using this time as a refining process, really teaching me to rely on him because at this point I have no idea where this money will come from and that's ok.  I don't have to know right now.

1Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

I ask for your continued prayer through this refining process.  I'm not expecting this to get easier over the next few months, in fact I expect it to get harder.  I have spoken to the majority of my closest friends  and family at this point and know my comfort zone will have to be left behind to really accomplish these goals.  Life isn't meant to be comfortable and refining isn't easy but think of the jewels that come out of it!

I want to be one of the jewels from the refining process of the Lord.  I want this fundraising to be a time that I get to glorify the Lord by inviting everyone I know to be a part of this ministry but even more to invite them to be a part of His kingdom.

6 months. 
GO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment