Sunday, March 18, 2012

Developing Global Leaders

Tonight at Raleigh YL Leadership we took some sweet time in praying for the nations.  International Young Life is in about 90 countries world wide (which is A-MA-ZING).

One thing that is going on in International Young Life around the world is a program called Developing Global Leaders.  I don't really know if I can explain it well enough so here's the link for you to check out:

YL Global Leaders

Basically, it's a program through Young Life that helps support leaders around the world to give them opportunities they may not have otherwise like going to college or getting their Masters.  Young Life wants to build up national leaders "to become transformational leaders in the communities and countries."

Like I said, I can't really do it justice so I encourage you to check out the program.  I know this blog is about my fundraising and the process it is taking for me to get to Nicaragua but I also know this is just as important.  It is key for people to see others just like them succeeding and thriving because of what the Lord can do and this program does just that.

Please, if nothing else, check out the page and find someone to commit to pray for.  Some of the Nicaraguans on the page are leaders that I actually got to spend time with like Elsa and Jessy during my trip.  But of course, you don't have to pray for Nicaragua, there are about 40 countries total with this program so if your heart is set to love another country, the least you can do is pray for someone by name.

No comments:

Post a Comment