Thursday, November 1, 2012

Staff Retreat at the Beach!

It was due time for a return trip to my future home and last week I got just that...five whole days in Nicaragua with my team!  We were joined by a team from Costa Rica, a team leader from the DR, the newest member of the International Schools Recruiting team under the amazing guidance of the Latin American YL trainers and two former missionaries in Nigeria!  It was an international schools staff retreat so it was all Americans and one student staffer from Nicaragua coming together for fellowship, fun and relaxation.  We played plenty of games, enjoyed some beach time in between torrential downpours and marveled at the work the Lord is doing in all of these countries.  Ella and I are still fundraising but it was a great time for our (almost) whole team to come together for the first time ever and learn more about each other.




Did I mention, we stayed in a BEAUTIFUL house overlooking the water?  This was a view for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  How could you not love this place and rest in His beauty?


Plenty of games were played in this space between meals. 


Being on the west coast has it's perks. 


Adventures to the fish market! This is a sea snake that we were told it's "very popular in the US, Canada & Spain" can anyone vouch for that?  And did they not realize we were Americans when telling us this statistic? 


So excited for dinner! (I had chicken. :) ) 


 My beautiful teammates, Ella & Ashley.  Gotta love them! 


This is the house dog that followed everyone everywhere. 


Gang's all here!  


Ella, Zava (Student staff), me, Ashley & Pratt.  

There was one minor threat of a temper tantrum while thinking how my heart aches to be in Nicaragua already but I let the grown up in me take over and kept it inside.  I am praying to finish fundraising by December 15th so I can enjoy the holidays with my family with the peace of having finished.  

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:10 

No comments:

Post a Comment