Friday, February 15, 2013

I MADE IT!

I made it to Costa Rica and I wanted everyone in the airport to know what I was doing...but no one asked...BUT YOU KNOW!  Let me just remind you, I'm in Costa Rica for language school through August (even though my Tica - Costa Rican - host mom just told me my Spanish is already good!) so don't be confused as to why this blog is called the redhead in Nicaragua because it's all part of the journey.

I want to be insightful and reflect on the process of getting fully funded and moving to Costa Rica within a month but I'm tired.  The things I want you to know right now is that my host family (one of many at this point) is great.  My host brother Luis has taken it upon himself to entertain me with YouTube videos & tv in Spanish - he's in 5th grade.  My host sister Brenda made me dinner and showed me around the house.  And my host mom Doña Ana is already taking care of my cough that I brought with me.  It's going to be a great time in the Casa Amarilla.

Language school doesn't start until the 25th so I'll be getting to know the neighborhood with my host family and the YL staff here in San Jose.  Tomorrow is the anniversary of Vida Joven in Costa Rica so they're having a neon dance party with 200 barrio (neighborhood) kids & staff/volunteer leaders. - That just solidifies what some of the Raleigh crew was saying at my going away party last week that YL folks always wear neon.  I didn't believe it until right now.

Thank you for your prayers.  It's the only explanation of the smooth start to this big adventure.  I am so thankful for each and everyone of you who have helped me in every and any way to get to this point.  If I think about it too much + I'm running little sleep = I might cry.  Just know, you rock more than you will ever really understand.

Con mucho amor desde la Casa Amarilla.

1 comment: